Wednesday, November 3, 2010

To give thanks....

Alright, well, it's officially November. It's insane to think where 2010 went. Seems like it just started. Scary how time flies the older you get. So, on Facebook, people have started doing these "One thing a day I'm thankful for" and since I haven't had much to blog about lately (Cause life is very repetitive, most days) I've decided to turn it into a blog. So, I'm getting a late start but I'm going to do 30 things I'm thankful for this month. Be prepared, weekends will most likely be bunched together, cause I'm rarely home on weekends anymore. This past weekend being the exception because I had a dear friend in crisis...which brings me to my number one. (And to all that reads, it's it no particular order)

1. I am thankful for my friends. Life is full of craziness. Absolutely crazy, insanity. Be it work, relationships, family, health, drama of any sorts. Friends are God's little angels on Earth to help us through it all. (Family too, but we'll get to that one) I have no idea where I would be without my friends. I am lucky enough to say that I have MANY friends that I would happily do anything for, and the best part, I know that more than most of them would do the same for me.

2. I am thankful to still have my precious kitty. She's been a part of my life for over 14 years. She's the best part of my evenings. I come home, relax, she comes out and gets scratches from me. When it's bed time, I crawl into bed and before I can even lay down, she's on the foot of the bed waiting for me to get situated so she can lay right next to me. She gives me snuggles at night and first thing in the morning when I wake up. When getting ready for work, she paws me as I walk by. She watches while I get ready. I secretly think she laughs at me when I sing along with the radio. And every day when I'm leaving, she looks at me as if to say "Do you really have to go?" If only I could find a man that loving and dedicated, no? lol. Here's a picture of my crazy baby:

3. I am thankful for my parents. I've always loved my parents, but it seems like the older I get, the more I love and appreciate them. Which, I guess is a good thing because some people it takes the death of a parent to realize how much they mean. I dread that day. I emotionally depend on my parents for so much. They are my sanity, even though they drive me crazy sometimes too. But, that's part of being a parent I guess. I talk to them every day. Most of the time, more than once. Texting, email, phone calls, what have you. I still go to dinner with my Dad once a week, just like we've done for years. If I have a weekend with nothing planned, I will dash of to either one of their houses and just spend time with them. I want to make sure that I've soaked in enough time with them, but there will never be enough time. I know they'll always be with me though, no matter. I've got some friends that tease me and say they are too "attached" but it's not only them. I'm attached to my parents too. They've done far too much for me to even fathom not loving them. Hands down (and I am a little biased) they are the best parents on the planet. They taught me morals and values but also to be strong willed and willing to fight for what's right and that I am capable of doing anything I can put my mind to. They've always been supportive yet tough when they needed to be. I am thankful to have parents that care so much about me.

So with this, I wrap up...until my next post and my next thing I'm thankful for

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment