So, in the middle of it...I'm standing in the back of the auditorium listening to this guy talk about being kind and helping those around us, being compassionate to others, telling Rachel's story and all the symbols and premonitions she had in her journals and had mentioned to multiple family and friends about dying young and impacting the world, and forgiving those around us who may have hurt us and something catches my eye. I bend down before the end of the assembly and pick up a pin...and this is what it was
Now, it may seem crazy, but I just thought it was odd to find that, of all things, during the middle of this touching and moving assembly. And as the day wore on, it really made me wonder what it meant. Is it a sign that I need to have more hope? Have I become cynical and lost faith in the person I am? Mom's been encouraging me to go back to Church, is it a sign that I need to recommit to my faith? It could just be a pin that I happened to come across and that's it. But at the moment it just seemed more meaningful than that. And I believe that everything happens for a reason *see previous blog* lol.
I'm curious to know what you think...because different takes could help to explain it more.
Ok, no mas.
Much love.
LOVE IT! I will say God is LOVE...Rachel was def. an angel. Hope, gotta have it to make it through this crazy thing called life. LOVE YOU, can't wait to see you, we can talk our heads off this weekend just like last weekend! LOL
ReplyDeleteYou know how I feel about this stuff.. it happened for a reason...and with God's lil plans, they aren't plainly laid out and I always think of it as God's goofy sense of humor. If anything, it doesn't hurt to find a church and go when you can. Look for one with a younger congregation or a 20's group...and find a nice boy! You have gotten more cynical and some times I think its DFW has sucked the fun out of you. I still love you though!
ReplyDeleteLol Loo, can't wait!
ReplyDeleteMir, Yeah, I'm thinking about going back to Church.
Thanks ladies!
Hope is what u make of it...if u truly seek hope, you will find it in a place most unsuspecting...signs are simply a vehicle for the materialization of ur needs. If u see it as sign for hope, u are subconsciously searching for a sense of hope. But, you are a beautiful strong woman and if hope is what you need, hope is in your heart. You can go to church, and with God, he will give you strength and faith, but hope is drawn from within and knowing that you are succeeding will instill hope. You have friends that love you and knowing that will also give you hope and strengthen your faith. We are all here for you and anything you need, you have a network of people who love you. I love you doll and anything you need, we ate just a phone call away!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so now that I've read the story behind the "signs" thing on FB, I completely agree... it was a sign. I know how it feels to be detached from a church/faith, and also how great it feels to throw yourself and your cares back into God's arms...
ReplyDeleteSo take it a step at a time... find a church and see how it goes...
xoxo, Cousin!
Thanks! Love you all!
ReplyDelete